Are the Social Play Sessions happening?
With Alert Level 2.5 being in place until 23 Sept our social play sessions are on hold. We hope to be back from Sunday 27 Sept assuming that the gathering restrictions are lifted in the announcement due on 21 Sept. Watch for an update here after this date.
What about the Club Champs and Interclub?
Due to uncertainty around the lifting of restrictions on gathering numbers, we will postpone all planned Club Champs sessions until a later date. At this stage the Interclub season has been cancelled.
Can we continue to play casually?
You can now book courts for casual play at the Gillies Ave hall! Use of the hall will be subject to the limits of Alert Level 2.5 – no more than 6 players per court booked. Please ensure that you read the full list of the conditions before making a booking using this link. The ABA online court booking system is available here – current 2020 Balmoral members have access to special club rates. If you don’t have access to these rates please contact us and we can help get this resolved.
What are you doing to keep players safe?
Depending on the requirements of the Alert Level in place once we are able to get back on court, we will announce the measures that we’ll be taking to keep players safe. The Auckland Badminton Association have also implemented a number of measures to ensure the safety of players – see the information here on their website.
Other things to be aware of are:
- Most importantly – if you are feeling even slightly unwell, or who have been in contact with anyone who is, DO NOT COME TO BADMINTON! Contact your doctor for advice and only return once you are sure you are well
- No handshakes after a match – a wave and thanks instead
- Ensure that you scan the QR code before entering the facility using the NZ Government COVID-19 Tracing app
- Bring your own towel and additional hand sanitiser if you feel you need it
- Showers, drinking water facilities and seating are now available again at both the Gillies Ave and College Rifles halls.
How about coaching and juniors?
Coaching and Juniors are also on hold until after 27 Sept.
What about Tournaments/Events?
Competitions and Tournaments are on hold until further notice – we’ll provide updates once we know more. The Rotorua tournament has been postponed until a later date. If you have further questions regarding this, please use the ‘Contact Us’ link to get in touch.
Do the club fees change?
We have decided to keep fees the same, but will extend the season through the summer break – normally we charge extra for summer club but this year we will allow members to keep playing through December and January at no further charge, until the 2021 season starts in February.
Where can I get more information regarding COVID-19?
These are the up to date resources by the government.
Guidance from SportNZ for sports clubs is here: https://sportnz.org.nz/covid-19/alert-level-information/