NZ is now at Alert Level 1, which means our social play sessions are now back to normal.
Are the Social Play Sessions happening?
The general rules for our social play sessions are:
- Alert Level 3 or 4: All social play sessions are cancelled
- Alert Level 2.5 (gathering limit of 10): All social play sessions are cancelled (casual court bookings may be allowed, see below)
- Alert Level 2 (gathering limit of 100): Our social play sessions will run, with players only allowed in the hall
- Alert Level 1: Our social play sessions will run as normal
Can we play casually?
Court bookings are not available under Alert Levels 3 and 4. Under Alert Levels 1 and 2 you are be able to book courts for casual play at the Gillies Ave hall, please ensure that you read the full list of the conditions before making a booking using this link. The ABA online court booking system is available here – current Balmoral members have access to special club rates. If you don’t have access to these rates please contact us and we can help get this resolved.
What are you doing to keep players safe?
The club and ABA have implemented a number of measures to keep players safe. These include:
- All Alert Levels
- You must scan the Govt COVID-19 QR code to access the hall, or alternatively fill in the manual contact tracing register near the pro shop
- If you, or someone who is a close contact is awaiting the result of a COVID-19 test or has been instructed to self-isolate, DO NOT COME TO BADMINTON until a negative test result has been confirmed or until self-isolation has been completed
- Auckland Badminton have a number of new rules for use of the hall. Please read this document BEFORE you come to club
- Most importantly – if you are feeling even slightly unwell, or who have been in contact with anyone who is, DO NOT COME TO BADMINTON! Contact your doctor for advice and only return once you are sure you are well
- No handshakes after a match – a wave and thanks instead
- Bring your own towel and additional hand sanitiser if you feel you need it
- If you haven’t been playing for a few weeks, take it easy the first time you play! It’s easy to cause an injury by being too enthusiastic the first time you are back on court.
- Alert Levels 3 and 4
- No social or casual play is allowed
- Alert Level 2
- Players only allowed in the hall
- Changing rooms are closed – please come prepared to play and leave the hall afterwards
- Water fountains may not be available so bring your own water bottle
- Keep 1m away from all players as much as possible
- Do not gather in groups when not on court, and stay in 1 place
- There will be less seating available in the hall
- Alert Level 1
- Players and spectators are allowed in the hall
- Changing rooms and water fountains are available
How about coaching and juniors?
Our Juniors sessions and coaching will run only under Alert Levels 1 and 2.
What about the Club Champs and Interclub?
We hope that Club Champs and Interclub will run relatively normally this year, watch for updates on this.
What about Tournaments/Events?
Do the club fees change?
No, however the season may be extended to compensate for any lost play due to lockdowns.
Where can I get more information regarding COVID-19?
These are the up to date resources by the government.
Guidance from SportNZ for sports clubs is here: https://sportnz.org.nz/covid-19/alert-level-information/