What are you doing to keep players safe?
The Auckland Badminton Association have implemented a number of measures to ensure the safety of players at Alert Level 1. These are documented on their website here – please read this before you come to club!
Other things to be aware of are:
- Most importantly – if you are feeling even slightly unwell, or who have been in contact with anyone who is, DO NOT COME TO BADMINTON! Contact your doctor for advice and only return once you are sure you are well
- No handshakes after a match – a wave and thanks instead
- We will be keeping a record of all members present via our game making software
- Bring your own towel and additional hand sanitiser if you feel you need it
- Showers, drinking water facilities and seating are now available again at both the Gillies Ave and College Rifles halls.
Where can I get more information regarding COVID-19?
These are the up to date resources by the government.
Guidance from SportNZ for sports clubs is here: https://sportnz.org.nz/covid-19/alert-level-information/
How about coaching and juniors?
Coaching and Juniors are now back to normal.
Can we continue to play casually?
Court bookings are now available as normal at the Gillies Ave hall via the ABA website. If you are a registered 2020 member you will be entitled to club court rates – if you’re a 2019 member and want to take advantage of the club member court pricing you’ll need to click here to renew your membership.
Note that use of the hall is subject to special terms and conditions for Alert Level 1 – please refer the document here.
Do the club fees change?
We have decided to keep fees the same, but will extend the season through the summer break – normally we charge extra for summer club but this year we will allow members to keep playing through December and January at no further charge, until the 2021 season starts in February. Note that due to the extended season our half year membership will start from 16 August.
What about Tournaments/Events?
Competitions are now beginning to restart – refer to information on the Auckland Badminton Website.
If you have further questions regarding this, please use the ‘Contact Us’ link to get in touch.