Are the Social Play Sessions happening?
Our Social play sessions are now back to mostly normal. Please ensure you follow the directions of our board duty volunteers and respect distancing.
What about the Club Champs and Interclub?
We’ve decided to cancel the club champs this year to maximise court availability for social play. ABA are now restarting some social competitions – see their website for more information on these.
Can we play casually?
You can book courts for casual play at the Gillies Ave hall, please ensure that you read the full list of the conditions before making a booking using this link. The ABA online court booking system is available here – current 2020 Balmoral members have access to special club rates. If you don’t have access to these rates please contact us and we can help get this resolved.
What are you doing to keep players safe?
The club and ABA have implemented a number of measures to keep players safe at Alert Level 2. These include:
- You must scan the Govt COVID-19 QR code to access the hall, or alternatively fill in the manual contact tracing register near the pro shop
- If you, or someone who is a close contact is awaiting the result of a COVID-19 test, DO NOT COME TO BADMINTON until a negative test result has been confirmed
- Auckland Badminton have a number of new rules for use of the hall. Please read this document BEFORE you come to club
- Most importantly – if you are feeling even slightly unwell, or who have been in contact with anyone who is, DO NOT COME TO BADMINTON! Contact your doctor for advice and only return once you are sure you are well
- Keep 1m away from all other players as much as possible
- No handshakes after a match – a wave and thanks instead
- We will be keeping a backup record of all members present via our game making software
- Bring your own towel and additional hand sanitiser if you feel you need it
How about coaching and juniors?
Our Junior sessions are now running again, and we are trying to fit in as many coaching sessions as we can.
What about Tournaments/Events?
Please refer to the ABA website for information as some tournaments will restart from this week. The Rotorua tournament has been postponed until a later date. If you have further questions regarding this, please use the ‘Contact Us’ link to get in touch.
Do the club fees change?
We have decided to keep fees the same, but will extend the season through the summer break – normally we charge extra for summer club but this year we will allow members to keep playing through December and January at no further charge, until the 2021 season starts in February.
Where can I get more information regarding COVID-19?
These are the up to date resources by the government.
Guidance from SportNZ for sports clubs is here: https://sportnz.org.nz/covid-19/alert-level-information/